Hassocks Junior FC seeks to build a safe, enjoyable and inclusive environment for all children and young people.
All our Coaches are required to achieve a FA Level 1 coaching course, which includes training on Child Welfare.
The Club also has an appointed Child Welfare Officers (CWO) to ensure we are compliant and provide players, parents and managers with a point of contact to raise any issues about child welfare in the club.
Our Child Welfare Officers are Janet Woodhouse and Lisa Rose – available on CWOHJFC@gmail.com.
The CWO’s, working with the Clubs Committee, also help put together Policy and best practice for the club to follow – see below for the links:
- Sussex County FC Safeguarding page – https://www.sussexfa.com/about/rules-and-regulations/safeguarding-and-welfare
- NSPCC – https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- Childline – https://www.childline.org.uk/
- Child Protection in Sport Unit – https://thecpsu.org.uk/
- ThinkUKnow – https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
- Childnet – https://www.childnet.com/